The All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Examination - 2015 is set to be conducted, except in Andhra Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir, as per the latest information released by the Central Board of Secondary Education.
The entrance test for the academic session 2015-16 for the 15 per cent merit positions in the Medical/Dental colleges of India is due on May 3, 2015 in selected cities across the country and abroad.
The decision came as per the concurrence of the Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the government of India. The national level medical exam by CBSE is conducted to offer admission to approximately 2200 MBBS and 300 BDS seats at 130 government medical and 30 dental colleges of India, respectively.
- The applicant must be 17 years old as on or before December 31, 2015
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15 per cent All India Quota Seats is 25 years as on December 31, 2015. However, a relaxation of five years in upper age limit of candidates belonging from Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes is provided to them.
- Candidates, who have appeared for the intermediate examination and result is awaited, are also eligible to apply for the entrance exam.
- Candidates must have passed the following subjects - Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English in the qualifying examination by securing 50 per cent marks and their equivalency determined as per regulations of Medical Council of India and the concerned university.
- AIPMT 2015 exam will be based on the syllabus as prescribed by examination authority CBSE. The examination paper will have a total of 180 multiple-choice questions from Physics, Chemistry Zoology and Botany subjects.
- AIPMT 2015 Question Booklet will be of four sets.
- AIPMT 2015 Question Paper will be set in both English and Hindi language.
- Questions will be based on syllabus as prescribed by the examination conducting authority CBSE. The questions will be framed from high school and intermediate (first and second year) syllabus.
- Each question will carry four marks and there will be negative marking of one mark each for every wrong answer.
Important date: A. Online registration begins (tentative) - First week of December 2014 B. Date of examination - May 3, 2015