This is to inform all concerned that the Joint Entrance Examination for the year 2011 (JEM 2011) for admission to undergraduate courses in Engineering / Technology /Architecture/Medical/Dental and Pharmacy in Universities/Colleges in West Bengal for the academic session 2011-2012, on the basis of a JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION, to be conducted by the "WEST BENGAL JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS BOARD".
Detailed information will be available in the Information Brochure which will be sold along with Application Form and will also be available in theThe Application Form for the aforesaid examination will be available from 25th Nov to 31st Dec.
Scheme of Examination WBJEE 2011
|Option||Availability of Courses for admission through |
|Subjects to be appeared-JEM-2011||Type of form to be applied|
|1||Engineering & Technology / B.Arch. / Dairy |
Technology/Agricultural Engineering / Pharmacy
|Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry||"E"|
|2||Medical / Dental / Pharmacy||Biological Sciences, Physics & Chemistry||"M"|
|3||Engineering & Technology/B. Arch./Dairy |
Technology / Agricultural Engineering / Pharmacy /Medical / Dental
|Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry and Biological Sciences||"C"|
Schedule of Examination (WBJEE 2011):
| Date of Examination || 9.30 a.m. to 11.30 a.m. || 12.30 p.m. to 2.30 p.m. || 3.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. |
| 17.04.2011, Sunday || Mathematics (100 marks) || Physics (50 marks) & Chemistry (50 marks) || Biological Sciences (100 marks |
WBJEE 2011 Eligibility Criteria
The applicant must be a citizen of India and should have passed the H.S.(10+2) or its equivalent examination. The general candidates must have to secure at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology taken together (40% for SC/ST candidates) and at least 30% marks in English (for all categories).
In addition, candidates must secure at least pass marks in the subjects individually including vernacular (or any other fifth subject) as mentioned below:
- B.E/B.Tech./B.Arch :Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and vernacular or any other fifth subject.
- M.B.B.S/B.D.S. : Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and vernacular or any other fifth subject.
- PHARMACY: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology, English and vernacular or any other fifth subject.
- For MBBS and BDS courses : In addition to the aforesaid eligibility criteria, the general candidates must have to secure at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biological Sciences taken together (40% for SC/ST) in the Joint Entrance Examination, W.B.
Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in 2011 will be allowed to sit for JEM-2011 provisionally and their admission, if merit listed, will be subjected to satisfying the minimum requirements of eligibility as specified above.
- Age Restriction : Candidates must be 17 (seventeen) years of age or above as on 31.12.2011. There is no upper age limit except for the Marine Engineering course for which the upper age limit is 25 years as on 31.07.2011.
- Residential Requirements: Candidates desirous of seeking admission to Government Engineering / Technology Colleges, Govt. Medical and Dental Colleges as well as to Private Medical and Dental Colleges, must have been residing in the State of West Bengal continuously at least for last 10 (ten) years as on 31.12.2010 or their parents must be permanent resident of West Bengal having their permanent home address in the State of West Bengal.
- Reservation : Reservation for SC/ST/PC candidates are as per State Govt. Rules.
To be located in the State of West Bengal and Tripura.
To be located in the State of West Bengal and Tripura.
Cost of Application Form : The Application Kit (i.e., prescribed printed application form along with Information Brochure and a printed window envelope) will be available from different Branches of United Bank of India (as specified below) on payment of Rs.500/- (for E / M type Form) and Rs.600/- (for C type Form) in cash.
Sale of WBJEE 2011 Application form : The Application Kit will be available from 25.11.2010 to 31.12.2010 at the following Branches of UNITED BANK OF INDIA : Old Court House St., College St, Sealdah, Hatibagan, Jadavpur, Behala, Mayukh Bhawan – Salt Lake, BESU Shibpur, Sonarpur, Asansol, Durgapur City Centre, Burdwan (B.C.Rd.), Katwa (Station Rd.), Serampore, Chinsurah, Arambag, Kalyani, Krishnagar, Barasat, Diamond Harbour, Kolaghat, Haldia, Kharagpur, Suri, Bolpur, Bankura, Purulia, Berhampur, Raghunathgunj, Raiganj, Balurghat, Malda, Siliguri, Alipurduar, Darjeeling (25, H.D. Lama Rd.), Jalpaiguri, Coochbehar, Agartala (Tripura) on all working days between banking hours on payment of requisite fee. The Application Kit may also be obtained by Post from the Board’s Office on application with an additional fee of Rs.200/- (Rupees two hundred) only. The total amount (i.e., cost of application form plus Rs.200/-) has to be paid by Demand Draft drawn in favour of “WEST BENGAL JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS BOARD” payable at Howrah/Kolkata. The last date for request for application-kit by post is 15.12.2010 and the last date for receipt of completed application form by Speed Post only is 12.01.2011. Request for application form received beyond the stipulated date as mentioned above will not be entertained and the Board shall not be held responsible in any manner whatsoever for such non-receipt arising out of postal delay. The Application Kit may also be obtained from the Board’s Office only with payment of actual cost of the form plus late fee of Rs. 300/- (Rupees Three hundred) only. The whole amount is to be paid through a Bank Draft to be drawn in favour of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” payable at Kolkata / Howrah from 01.01.2011 to 07.01.2011. The application form once purchased cannot be returned or replaced.
How to Apply : The duly filled in application form must be sent in the printed window envelope received by the candidate within the Application Kit by SPEED POST only so as to reach the office of the Board by 12.01.2011. Submission of Application Form by hand or courier service will not be accepted.
- Sale of Application Kit ( from listed UBI Branches) : 25.11.2010 to 31.12.2010
- Last date for
- Receipt of request for Application Kit “by post” : 15.12.2010
- Receipt of duly filled in applications “by Speed post” only : 12.01.2011