JIPMER entrance exam results will be released likely by June 11
· Puducherry: Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research would release on June 11 results of the entrance exam it conducted for admission of students to first MBBS course during 2010-11 academic year.
· A spokesman of the institution told PTI today that valuation of all answer sheets would be done in JIPMER.
· Although 30,651 candidates were expected to sit for the examination held yesterday simultaneously in eleven centres across the country only 21,895 students appeared for the test.
· The institution has a total of 116 seats in first MBBS course (2010-2011). But the entrance test was confined to select 98 candidates as the remaining 18 seats would be filled through nomination by the Union Health and Family Welfare Ministry.
· The test was held in Puducherry,New Delhi, Thiruvananthapuram, Nagpur, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Guwahati, Chennai, Bhopal, Bangalore and Ahamadabad.
· The spokesman said all precautionary steps including taking photos and biometric capturing of fingerprint of the candidates who appeared for the test were done before they were permitted into the exam hall to prevent impersonation.